Wednesday 16 March 2011

Pockets and Travel Trays

I didn’t have a lot of time to sew today, but I did manage to knock up a couple of bits for my lovely mum, who is heading to Australia for a holiday.  I’d made her a bag a while back, but didn’t put any pockets in it, so she asked me to make her some pockets to attach to the bag. 

DSCF8565 I’m just going to hand stitch them to the lining, and hopefully if I’m careful, the stitching shouldn’t show through to the right side of the bag.

As my mum is away for mother’s day, I wanted to make her something before she went.  I saw a pattern for travel trays in this months Sew Hip magazine, and here is the tray I made.

DSCF8569 It’s such a good idea, just a square of fabric, with press studs at the corners to fasten when you want it to be a tray.  Very useful for jewellery/keys/loose change, especially in a hotel room.

DSCF8567 Hopefully it’ll come in useful for her & as its so light, it won’t take up any of her precious baggage allowance. 

Sally

xxx