Sunday, 6 February 2011

Owl Appliqué

 

Daisy found an old denim jacket belonging to one of my older sons and has taken to wearing it everywhere.  It was a bit boyish for her so for ages I’ve been promising to add some girlie detail to it for her.  Today was the day.

denim3I started with this jacket:

denim1and using bondaweb added an owl made up of various pink/yellow fabrics.  Then I appliquéd round the edges of the shapes, and this is what I ended up with:

denim2

I am going to add the owl template to my other blog Kids Get Messy, so if you want to nip over there & grab it, please feel free. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Sally

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thats one very cool jacket! My niece would love this. I off to head over to your other blog (didnt realise you had one!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the jacket - have only just started the other blog, thought I'd make one just for childrens crafts - this one is supposed to be more 'grown-up' lol! I'd love to see it if you make one of these jackets
    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket looks lovely! Much more girly now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally, thanks for popping by my blog and for your lovely comment, I love the owl he is so sweet! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool jacket! Love the owl, it suits Daisy

    ReplyDelete