Tuesday, 14 June 2011

A Boring afternoon

 

Today my friend and I had booked into a seminar which promised 101 ways to bring visitors to your website.  It was only 10 minutes down the road, and was completely free so we decided to give it a go. 

My friend Louise is a very talented photographer (click here for her website) and I obviously have my little shop, so we thought it would be good for both of us. 

Sadly it was completely wrong for the two of us with our little sites – it was aimed at bigger businesses.  One of the suggestions was to advertise our sites on a hot air balloon (seriously!)  

balloon

What do you think?  Could you see it flying over your house?

Another of their ideas was to advertise on your car

ferrari-f430-spider hmm too fast – don’t think people would have time to read this one before it’d gone past

Reliant_Robin_Saloon_England That’s better – if its good enough for Del boy, it’s good enough for me!

I was quite disappointed when I left the seminar, however the one thing I did take away from the presentation was that I should be updating my website more frequently – oh well something to do tomorrow.

If anyone has any better (or worse) ideas to advertise websites – I’d love to know them.

Sally

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, it sounded really funny and quite ridiculous even for larger companies! Did you manage to sit through it without giggling??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily the chairs were so uncomfortable it kept us from giggling! We did laugh a lot afterwards though.
    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny! I think child labour sounds good for advertising. Kids in sandwich boards up and down the high street. Summer activities sorted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think the Del Boy car would look good parked outside the co-op xx

    ReplyDelete