Friday 2 March 2012

Some Lovely New Fabric

 

I saw this Marvel Comic fabric on Fabricworm the other week, and just had to order it:

DSCF9314

I think they sent it superhero post too as it arrived really quickly – USA to UK in 6 days – impressive eh!

I was planning on making some lunch bags from it, however my teenage sons have other ideas, they’ve both chosen their favourites and are hinting quite strongly that they’d like a wallet each.  I will be making some of my washable lunch bags though, so if anyone would like to pre-order one, just drop me an email and I’ll reserve one for you.

I have actually been messing about with more free-motion embroidery and thought I’d share my first attempt with you:

DSCF9302

Not a great photo, but hopefully you get the idea.  Prior to this I’d been appliquéing fabric to make the shape, but this time I coloured in with the sewing machine.  This photo shows it a bit better I think:

DSCF9304 

Next time I’m going to try out some of the built-in stitches on my sewing machine to see how that would look. 

Have a good weekend everyone

Sally

xxx