Sunday 23 September 2012

Simple Gift for a Crafty Child

Over the last couple of days I’ve been putting together a kit for a simple purse suitable for an 8 year old girl.  I thought I’d share what I’ve put in the kit, just in case anyone feels like making one as a nice birthday or Christmas gift.

P1010692

Firstly I took 2 pieces of felt that I’d already made by felting and dying an old blanket and sewed the zip between them.  I collected together some felt shapes I’d already cut using my Sizzix dies and popped them in a small bag.  I stamped a cotton reel shape onto a luggage tag and punched two holes in the bottom for some lengths of embroidery thread.  I needle felted a pincushion from wool roving in a light dusky pink colour and put some pins into it, and finally I added a piece of ribbon which I’d singed the ends of to stop fraying. 

P1010693

I printed out some personalised instructions, which I cut out and glued onto some pretty paper, along with a couple of cut outs of sewing mice that I happened to have in my paper stash.

The whole thing fits into an A4 ziplock bag, and I think makes a lovely present for a crafty child.

I’d love to hear what you all think of my idea

Sally

xxx