Tuesday 4 December 2012

Brrrr, a bit of chilly crochet–Snowman

I’ve spent the last couple of evenings crocheting snowmen

snowman1

Sadly I can’t lay claim to creating this pattern, I found it here.  It took me a couple of tries to get the pattern right, and I still think I have a bit of work to do to make the nose the right size and shape, but I’m really pleased with how they’ve come out.

snowman2

The pattern also includes varying scarves and hats, plus mittens, but I didn’t want my snowmen to have arms, so I left out the mittens.

snowmanhat

I think the hat and scarf look a bit Harry Potter-ish here – ooh there’s an idea for after Christmas!

The snowman with the hat and scarf has found a new home with my young nephews and the unadorned snowman is sitting on my windowsill just hoping that I’ll finish his hat and scarf before the cold weather truly sets in!

Sally

xxx