Thursday 20 December 2012

Crocheted Snowball Pattern

I thought I’d share more things I’ve made from Decembers Crafty Creatives box

Firstly here are the bath bombs that were made from the kit.  I decided to double the amount of mix to make 2 at the same time, but I think I may’ve misjudged slightly as I managed to make 3.  The red star is a cookie cutter I had in my cupboard, and I just packed it tightly into that too and found it worked really well.

boxBombsboxBombs2

I can also report that they fizz beautifully around the bath, and smell divine!  A big thumbs up from me for this kit, easy to use it works.

I have also been crocheting with the eyelash wool.  Snowballs!!!!

boxSnowBall

I found the wool a bit tricky to crochet with at first as it’s quite hard to see the stitches in-between all of the fluffy wool, however I persevered and am really pleased with the results.

For those who want their own snowballs, here is the pattern (UK notation):

Row 1:  Ch2

Row 2: 6DC in 2nd Chain from hook

Row 3: 2DC in each stitch

Row 4: *1DC, 2DC in next stitch* repeat to end

Row 5: *1DC, 1DC, 2DC * repeat to end

Row 6-8: DC in each stitch

Row 9: *1DC, 1DC, DC decrease* repeat to end

Row 10: *1DC, DC decrease* repeat to end

Fill with stuffing

Row 11: DC decrease 3 times

Leave a long thread, cast off and then sew through the remaining stitches and pull tight.  Sew a long loop for hanging on the tree.

They’re pretty quick to make, so you’ve got plenty of time to whip up a few before Christmas Day. 

Sally

xxx