Monday, 13 September 2010

A Rest from Carnival Chaos

Have spent the last week or so making fairy costumes for the village carnival (photos & tutorials for them coming soon) so decided to take a bit of time out to make something a bit different.  Had some gorgeous funky orange heart fabric from Fabric Rehab that I'd yet to use and so I decided to make it into a small rucksack.
All it took was a fat quarter of fabric, plus some piping cord, bias binding and a zip from an old cushion that I had in my stash.  It didn't take too long to make, and I think the only thing I'd do differently is to add some firm interfacing to make it hold its shape a bit better.  Also I tidied up the inside seams with white binding as I didn't want to line it & the inside seams looked a bit messy.  Found this quite tricky to do, but with a bit of patience I managed to make it look fairly presentable. 


Made the straps from some bias binding sewn wrong sides together & the top and bottom straps are separate pieces, joined together by velcro which I think you can just see in the top photo.

Distraction over, now its back to fairy wings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment