Monday 20 September 2010

Some Fabric Life Improvers

Todays crafting - a shopping bag and a handbag pouch from some lovely fabric I bought from Ikea.  It was quite a thick fabric with a large pattern, so I wanted to make something to show off the pattern.  This is what I came up with:
A lovely big shopping bag.  I've stitched the handles on with a square with a cross in the centre of it to make sure that it will take a lot of weight. 
I hate wasting any scrap of fabric, so I used the piece I cut off the bottom to make another handbag pouch.  This time lined with white cotton, and using a cream zip.
I use a handbag pouch all the time. I just loop it around the strap of my handbag and fill it with my keys and mobile phone, and then when my phone rings, I just follow the strap to find my phone before it stops ringing!  A small idea, but one that makes my life a lot easier.