Tuesday 26 April 2011

Scooby-Doo Summer Dress

 

I had a nice trip to Fabricland in Salisbury over the weekend, and my daughter Daisy found some fabric that she fell in love with.  I must admit I was a bit dubious, to me it looks like something out of Scooby-doo, but she wouldn’t change her mind – this was the fabric for her.  And now its made I have to say I agree with her choice.

scoobydress2

She is in desperate need of summer clothes having grown 4” in the last year, so much so that her skirts from last year are now mini-skirts and her mini-skirts - I won’t even go there!!!

 

So this is what I made, beautifully modelled by her. 

DSCF0951

Its not very clear from the photo but the top of the dress is shearing elastic & the skirt is made from three tiers/layers.  The good thing is that I have a bit of the fabric left over, so next year I can add another tier and she’ll yet again have something that fits!

 

Sally

xxx