I followed a pattern at Seamzine blog. I printed it out at an A3 size and then added another 3" at the top as I wanted it to be slightly longer than their pattern. The pattern itself was pretty easy to follow, although I do still have to unpick one seam on the blue one as I managed to stitch the lining in back to front, but that was just me having a ditzy moment, nothing to do with the pattern. I've got enough fabric to make another 4 or 5 so it looks like my stall on 20th November may have a few stockings to sell.
The good news with doing festive crafts this early is that I'm getting into the holiday mood a bit earlier than usual - maybe this year will be the year I finally get organised and not have to dash around the shops on Christmas Eve, but then again maybe not!