Thursday, 4 August 2011

What to do….?

You know when you get that itch to create something but you don’t know what to make – well I have that at the moment.  My magazine commissions are all up to date, the children are occupied with the TV (bad mother I know, but it is raining!!) and I have a couple of hours until my next house guest arrives with her children, so what can I make? 

My stash is calling out to me, desperate for me to rescue it from the plastic box it’s been relegated to, my sewing machine is revved up and ready, but inspiration is just refusing to strike.

If anyone has any ideas then I’d love to hear them, what do you make when you need a sewing fix?

Sally

xxx

3 comments:

  1. unfortunatly im in the same situation, i want to make things but i have no inspiration. im going to try browsing blogs and flickr for a while and see if that helps, im going for a trip to the library after lunch as well too see if that does me any good. i hope you get your mojo back soon
    x becci x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a thought. If you are like the rest of us you have patterns and books you have just sitting on your shelf. Just randoming stick your hand in there and resolve to work on what you pull out. Perhaps just pull out a favorite book and open to a random page. Could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas - I actually spent the morning doing exciting paperwork, but the good news is that it's freed me up to do something exciting without feeling guilty.

    I like the idea of randomly grabbing a pattern & making it - let fate decide! Will let you know what I make.

    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete