Tuesday 26 October 2010

Reversible Dolly

Yesterday I went into Salisbury and discovered the magazine Homestyle Sewing.  So obviously I just had to buy it!  It had a free gift pack on the front with some fabric, ribbons, buttons, embroidery threads & felt.  They had several suggestions with what to make from it, but as I didn't feel like making any of them, I decided to make my daughter a rag doll.  Did you ever have one of those dolls that you lifted the skirt and it turned into another doll?  I remember having a Little Red Riding Hood one, with the wolf hidden under the skirt.  Sadly that one is long gone, but as my daughter is doll mad, I thought she might like one.  Here is what I came up with:
Dolly is asleep!
Dolly is now awake.

I'm not sure if I've explained the idea of these dolls very well, but here is another photo of it, which will hopefully show you what I mean.
Only took a couple of hours to figure out how to make it, however I did have to hand stitch the skirt to the body - hence the ribbon to hide my terrible stitching!

A fun way to spend a rainy day & my daughter loves it.