Sunday 5 December 2010

A Break from Crafting

I haven't had too much time for crafting over the last few days, yesterday was our village Christmas festivities and I was working in the gift shop.  It was lovely, the Anonymous Travelling Market was in the high street, with food and gift stalls.  There were carol singers and Father Christmas even put in an appearance.  Luckily the snow and ice had pretty much defrosted so lots of people ventured out and there was a really festive atmosphere. 

This morning I'd planned a lazy day with a spot of crafting thrown in, but unfortunately my 10 year old was out sledging yesterday, making the most of the tiny bit of snow we had left, and he managed to run his thumb over with the sledge & then to make matters worse he fell on it!  So my relaxing morning was spent sitting in Salisbury A&E.  To cut a long story short, his thumb is broken, so he now has a splint and a sling and instructions to be careful.  Luckily for him its his right thumb, so he's hoping he gets away without writing at school tomorrow.

I did manage to steal half an hour this afternoon to do a tiny bit of crafting - I've decided to make a rag wreath to put on our front door.  I haven't had a chance to finish it, but here it is half made:
I'm reserving judgement on it until its finished - I don't know if its going to look shabby chic or just shabby.  Am hoping to finish it tomorrow & then make a decision on whether to hang it up or not.

Sally
xxx