Friday 10 December 2010

Granny Squares

As I am still without a sewing machine, I've decided to try to finish the blanket I'm crocheting for a certain person in my family who loves anything a bit kitsch and retro (& who I don't think reads this blog).

It's not a great photo, and there's nothing to scale it, but each of the big squares are made up of 9 6" granny squares, sewn together.  I need to make at least another 2 big squares, plus then I've got to edge it, I was hoping I'd finish it before Christmas, but I think maybe that is a bit ambitious :)

Before this I hadn't crocheted for years, I think I learned when a child, but had to turn to the internet for a reminder of how to make granny squares.  I must say I'd forgotten how relaxing it is to sit in front of the TV and just make something you don't really have to think about.  They make up fairly quickly too, I usually get a couple of the smaller squares made in an evening.

Anyway better go & get on with it.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Sally
xxx