It has ties on the side to tighten the top, and a magnetic clasp to secure the top.
I did change the size of the bag slightly as I only had a fat quarter of the outer fabric, and the pattern called for 1/2 yard. It was quite easy to change as the bag is made from rectangles of fabric, and by slightly changing the height of the bag, and skipping the pockets, I managed to fit it onto the FQ. I love this floral fabric, its from Fabric Rehab, and better still I found it in their sale section!
I was also going to show a photo of a purse my daughter made from felt, but unfortunately she took it to school today to show her teacher and has left it there (isn't that always the way!) So I guess that will have to wait for another day to make its debut.
PS, Elisabeth (aka Lisanne) at Sewciety has started a new blog if anyone would like to say hello, you can find it here