Monday 31 January 2011

Some New Bags & Gorgeous Fabric

Haven't been on here for a few days because Friday was my birthday, followed on Saturday by Daisy's 7th birthday - (Yep, she was a belated 30th birthday present for me!).  We had a great weekend celebrating with her roller-disco party on Saturday afternoon, and a celebratory trip to Hobbycraft on Sunday to spend the money both me and Daisy had been gifted.

I have however been busy crafting in the odd quiet moments.  Amongst other things I've made these two bags to put in my online shop:
The first one is made using some gorgeous fabric I got from Sewciety.  Here is a slightly closer view of the fabrics:
I've used the pattern from Homespun Threads that I used before (see here), and this time have also added a pocket at the front.  Again I've lined it with white cotton, and used a magnetic catch to fasten it.

The second bag is made from felt which I again bought from Sewciety. 
I've used needle felting plus a bit of sewing to put the bag together.  I am completely in love with the felted blanket pieces that Elisabeth sells, they're just so lovely to work with.
 
Anyway better go and start the bedtime routine!
 
Sally
xxx