Monday 16 May 2011

Big Hello & Car Seat Cover

Just wanted to say Hi to all my new followers, its lovely to have you with me and I am looking forward to spending the next few days browsing around all of your lovely blogs.

Today I thought I’d share with you my weekend project.  My friend had a booster seat for her car but sadly, as happens with these things, the cover had fallen apart and so the seat was in dire need of a makeover.  Her daughter chose her favourite fabric from my stash and after making a rough pattern out of newspaper, I set about making the cover.

carseat

I’d been given a small cushion pad which luckily fitted perfectly onto the seat, and had some white poly-cotton for a backing, so I sewed them together with a bit of lime-green piping around the edge and the car seat came together quite quickly.  carseat2

As you may be able to see from the above photo I’ve quilted around some of the circles just to hold the cushion in place.  The whole thing is held on the chair by some elastic looped underneath.  My friend’s daughter absolutely loved the cover and was looking forward to trying it out. 

Right am off now to cut out some fabric to make more lunch bags – photos tomorrow.

Sally

xxx